Thursday, September 07, 2006

VFS

Hello everybody,

Well, i'm gonna officially scrap my essay about comics simply because I don't have the time to explore it as much as I would like to. Suffice it to say, Comics has gotten a bum rap. Read Scott McCloud's books for everything I would have wanted to say, and then read SANDMAN and STARMAN for examples of just how great, artistic, and literary comics could be.

So I'm in VFS now, started last month. Having an awesome time, and I will definitely write about it soon. Just a sample of my homework: I have to write a screenplay adaptation of the first chapter of The Maltese Falcon, I have to come up with pitches for three short films, I have to come up with pitches for 2 different tv shows that are still currently in production (Probably THE OFFICE and Grey's Anatomy), I have to read THE WRITER'S JOURNEY by Chris Vogler, I have to write a 20 line poem that doesn't rhyme, I have to read the screenplay of SOME LIKE IT HOT by Sunday...

And so on.

My teachers are awesome. My classmates are awesome. My school is awesome.

And I've just caught myself starting to say "Eh" all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home