Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Poem

Just a poem I wrote for Kathy in class:

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
No. That is too corny and too cliché.
Shall I instead look for something else to compare,
And see if that catches fire?

The antelope’s gait, drumming across valleys,
Reminds me of you in a way,
But how can I compare thee to an animal as she?
Flighty and frightened you are not.

And what of the eagle soaring majestically
On currents of wind and air and frost?
No… none of this for you my sweet,
You are neither so distant nor so cold.

But the shark, ah the shark.
Vicious, snapping, horrendously crashing
You are like this, yes? Stubborn and unstoppable.
Shall the shark be thine avatar?

No.

I think instead that this is not to be.
Metaphors and Similes were never your lot.
For how could I compare thee to anything at all?
You are beyond all things mundane and small.

You are you.

And that is all.

That is all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Love that poem hun!

It really captures me, ey?

you loving future-wife,
Kathy

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home