Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New Shows

So ever since I started at VFS, I have had to watch TONS of movies and tv shows I either don't know or barely remember watching. And you know what? I love each and every one of them. I'm going to talk about 2 newly discovered shows that are like crack.

1. Supernatural - yes I know I'm late on the boat for this one. I honsetly didnt pay attention to it when it came out back home, but it was a show I picked up on simply because i was required to pick a "genre" show that was still in production. Well, Firefly, Angel, and Star Trek were all gone, so someone recommended this. SUPERNATURAL is a 44 min long drama that follows the adventures of 2 brothers trained to fight all things evil, including spirits, monsters, and other such nasty night terrors. Starring The Dude from Gilmore Girls and The Dude from Smallville, I didn't have much hope for it. Silly me. It is a great show, at times scary, suspenseful, and always sarcastic. A sort of "X-Files meets Nick Hornby". I love it.

2. Dead Like Me - A little show that unfortunately got cancelled. Starring Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride and some girl who acts like Daria, the show is about a teenage girl who dies and finds out that she is to join an elite after-life organization called "The Grim Reapers"... a bunch of nobodies assigned by God to reap the souls of the recently departed. It was an awesome show crackling with wit and tinged with a touch of existentialism. It will be missed.

3. (Bonus show!) The Office, American Style - Yes, I know that Americanizations of British shows suck more ass than a tapeworm. Well, ladies and gentlemen, meet the exception that proves the rule. In fact, Iw ill go out on a limb and say it is better. WHy? Because even though Steve Carrel is more retared than Ricky Gervaise, the stories of the American version always temper each bitter episode with just a tinge of hope, leading to a much mor uplifting feeling in the end.

1 Comments:

Blogger justin aquino said...

happy bday :D

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home