Sunday, February 04, 2007

Stardust

Everyone who knows me knows of my Neil Gaiman obsess... ahem... fascination. From the first Sandman comic I read to the *signed* copy of American Gods I just re-read, Gaiman has been an integral part of my literary life for the past 16 years or so. And it's been great. His best stories resonate like no other for me, and even his worst stories are better than most trash available in the market right now.

And now, he's doing movies.

He's already done a few, like Mirrormask (excellent!), A SHort Film About John Bolton (great!), and is working on the script from Roger Zemeckis' animated Beouwulf.

But next on the horizon is a film based on one of my favorite works: Stardust.


Starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, and Claire Danes, the film is based on a fairy tale written by Neil Gaiman to prove that Fairy Tales are still important. And it IS an important story to read, I feel. I won't attempt to summarize the story for people who have not read it, as I would be ruining half the pleasure of reading the book.

But I will offer this teaser:

What if you saw a falling star and went to find it... and when you found it, it was no lifeless hunk of rock and minerals, but instead a beautiful young girl with silvery hair and a broken leg.

What would you do?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home